The Kabelwerk Dr. Cassirer in Berlin-Spandau was established by Julius Cassirer and his brother Louis Cassirer in 1896 and in due course was taken over by Louis Cassirer's sons Dr Alfred Cassirer and Hugo Cassirer. Hugo studied chemistry in Berlin and gained practical experiences in the cable factory of his uncle Otto Bondy in Vienna. He furthered his knowledge of rubber production with applied studies in England . His factory was a supplier for the electrical industry of Berlin and other German locations. Before the Second World War the company was also internationally prominent in this industry.1

 

1 http://berlin.kauperts.de/Strassen/Hugo-Cassirer-Strasse-13587-Berlin#Geschichte, viewed 9 Feb 2013

2 http://eng.archinform.net/projekte/1379.htm viewed 9 Feb 2013

Pages linked to this page


For more on individuals and families, and their genealogy, see Family Tree Index.
Click here for Site home page, Overview, and Cassirer, Cohen and Falk histories.


Page last modified on March 16, 2013, at 03:31 PM