Emeritus Professor Sue Rowley, partner of Jim Falk for 47 years, mother of Anna and Michael, grandmother of Jessie, and sister of Lesley, died after extended treatment for cancer, at 4.50 am on the 3 Sep 2016 at Maroondah Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Jim was with her. She is sadly missed by her family and many friends and colleagues.
- Video of the celebration of Sue's life held on Friday 9 Sep 2016 at Federation Hall, Victoria College of the Arts, The University of Melbourne. Includes first cello rendition of "For Sue" composed by Barry Conyngham on news of her death, eulogy and supporting speeches, photo presentation of images of Sue through her life, and film "Sue's Quilt" by Martin Bartfeld and Annette Blonski. (Best viewed by clicking the rectangular full screen icon which will amongst other things eliminate advertisements by Youtube).
- Tributes to Sue from Colleagues and Friends
- Order of Service of the celebration of Sue's life
- Eulogy and tributes at the celebration of Sue's life
- Slides of Sue's life (sound track Jeff Buckley "Satisfied mind")
- Death notices in the Age and Sydney Morning Herald newspapers on 7 Sep 2016
- Sue Rowley's Curriculum Vitae
- Family tree entry
- Photo album
- Sue's Facebook Pages including further tributes
- Material memories of Sue
This web site is a living document - so additional tributes, photos, documents and other memorabilia of Sue's life can easily be added. If you have something you would like to share please email Jim Falk by clicking here.
Pages linked to this page