Jim Falk: Recent and forthcoming publications, presentations etc.
- Joseph Camilleri and Jim Falk, Worlds in Transition: Evolving Governance Across a Stressed Planet, Edward Elgar, UK, Dec 2009, pp. 1–704.
- J. Falk and D. Settle, “Australia: Approaching an energy crossroads”, Energy Policy, Volume 39, Issue 11, November 2011, 6804–6813.
- J. Falk, “Fukushima Fall-out”, Arena Magazine, No. 112, July 2011, pp. 18–23, reprinted as Arena Features, “Nuclear Power after Fukushima: The Japan crisis has raised the stakes for global nuclear policy”, http://www.arena.org.au/2011/11/nuclear-power-after-fukushima/, Nov 2011.
- J. Falk, “Some recent reflections on worlds in transition”, Global Change, Peace and Security, vol 24, no 1, Feb 2012, pp. 9–16.
- J. Falk, “A brief afterthought”, Global Change, Peace and Security, vol 24, no 1, Feb 2012, pp. 45–8.
- J. Falk, “The Search for Energy Security After Fukushima Daiichi”, in Richard Hindmarsh, Nuclear Disaster at Fukushima Daiichi: Social, Political and Environmental Issues, Routledge, UK, 15 March 2013.http://www.psypress.com/books/details/9780415527835/
- J. Falk, “Scientific Freedom in an Evolving World”, in Simona Giordano, John Coggon and Marco Cappato, Anthology on Freedom of Scientific Research, Bloomsbury, September 2012. http://www.bloomsburyacademic.com/view/Scientific-Freedom/book-ba-9781849669009.xml
- J. Falk, “Rethinking Energy Security in a Time of Transition”, in Luca Anceschi and Jonathon Symons, Energy Security in the era of Climate Change - The Asia Pacific Experience, Palgrave MacMillan, UK, 2012, pp. 240–254.
- D.S. Woodruff and J. Falk, International Workshop on Coastal Cities, Climate Change and Sea Level Rise. Report to the APRU Presidents. The Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU), Sustainability and Climate Change Program. University of California San Diego, September 5–7, 2012, 2012 [shortly to be available at http://escholarship.org/]
- N. Adly, E. Bonsdorff, C. Carraro, G. Cecconi, M. Depledge, M. Dettinger, J. Falk, C.Kennel, P. Linden, K. McIntyre, C. Nasci, E. Ramieri, D. Woodruff, and G. Zanetto, The Venice Conference, Improving the capacity to assess and to adapt to climate change in urban coastal regions, Venice, Sept 8-‐11, 2011. Report available through the Sustainability Solutions Institute, University of California, San Diego.
- J. Falk, “Confronting Climate Change in the Pacific: Knowledge-Action Approaches and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities Sustainability and Climate Change Research Program”, Pacific Economic Council for Cooperation (PECC), 2013, pp. 28–37.
- At the 2009 Festival of Ideas, 15–20 June 2009. http://ideas.unimelb.edu.au/2009/downloads/ and http://ideas.unimelb.edu.au/2009/speakers/jfalk.html
- eg. ABC National Radio broadcast on Ockham’s Razor: http://www.abc.net.au/rn/ockhamsrazor/default.htm
- ABC “Future Governance - Future Tense” on Future Tense http://abc.net.au/rn/futuretense/stories/2010/2987477.htm
- UTS Forum “To Survive Ourselves” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPSMDFaAS7o
- Beyond Zero emissions interview by Matthew Wright. http://beyondzeroemissions.org/media/radio/beyond-zero-interviews-jim-falk-honorary-professorial-fellow-melbourne-scho-110614
- RMIT Seminar 29/11/2010 http://itunesu.its.rmit.edu.au/node/453
- SBS World News Question and Answer: Japan in Crisis. http://www.sbs.com.au/news/specialcoverage/292/Japan-in-Crisis 31 March 2011 and http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1511036/Q&A:-Japan-nuclear-crisis-’getting-worse’-
- SBS World News, “Analysis : Fukushima radiation consequences”, interview by Steve Christensen. 31 March 2011.
- Chanel 9 News, “Tributes pour in for nuclear plant workers. http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/japanquake/8225434/tributes-pour-in-for-nuclear-plant-workers, 17 March 2011. “Japan crisis could escalate with ‘wind change’, 9 News, http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8225430/japan-nuke-crisis-could-escalate-with-change-in-wind, 17 March 2011.
- Panel Discussion “From Hiroshima to Fukushima”, broadcast of Arena Panel Discussion. radioactive_show 21 05 11. File Download (29:09 min / 13 MB)
Other Presentations and Contributions
- J. Falk, invited presentation to “Dialogue” and “Conversation with Jim Falk”, Two Fires Festival, Braidwood, April 2011. http://www.twofiresfestival.com.au/html/programme.html and http://www.kavisha.com/shows/details/86-two-fires-festival-braidwood-nsw.html?pop=1&tmpl=component
- APRU World Institute Workshop
- J. Falk, invited presentation, “Fukushima – its implications for Japan and the Nuclear Industry”, Rescue Japan Symposium, Tokyo, (by video link), 15 April 2011.
- J. Falk, session Chair, “Regional and global problems in air polution”, in Public Policy Workshop, Pacific Rim Universities and Global Health: Finding and Communicating Solutions, APRU World Initiative, Public Health Research Program, Jakarta, 15 June 2011.
- J. Falk, invited presentation at MAPW panel on Fukushima and global health, 6 July 2011, Nossal Institute, University of Melbourne. http://www.mapw.org.au/events/fukushima-and-global-health
- J. Falk, invited presentation “Knowledge-action initiatives with water communities”, to Workshop on Asian Climate Change and Variability: Trends and Policy, Divecha Centre for Climate Change, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, 21 July 2011.
- J. Falk, “Knowledge action initiatives with water communities”, invited paper, The Venice Conference, 12–15 September 2011, Venice, Italy.
- J. Falk, invited paper “Knowledge Action initiatives in the Asia-Pacific”, prepared for the Regional Climate Change Workshop (RCC3), Adjunct session to the STS Forum, Kyoto, Japan, 1 October 2011.
- J. Falk, “Confronting climate change in the Pacific - knowledge-action approaches and the APRU World Institute CMAS Program.”, keynote paper, Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PECC) International Project for 2011–2012: Sustainable Management of Marine Resources, Seminar 1 Oceans at Risk: Protection from ocean to coast, sharing marine resources, Nouméa, New Caledonia, November 22–24, 2011